activemq-users mailing list archives

From Oscar Pernas <os...@pernas.es>
Subject Problem expired messages for durable consumers in 5.6
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2012 07:00:00 GMT
Hi all,

I have several durable consumers that could be disconnected some time.
I have a high traffic load, so if there are one or more durable
consumers disconnected, Im running into a java heap error (no space).

I'm sending messages with timeToLive property to 60000 ms (sets in the
message), and I've set broker option expireMessagesPeriod less than
30000 ms.

Why message are not discarded? why the fileDurableSubscriberPolicy
doesnt throw messages to the persistent file and finally runs into an
outOfMemory?

My configuration for topics is this:

<policyEntry topic=">" expireMessagesPeriod="40000"
producerFlowControl="false" memoryLimit="1 gb">
    <deadLetterStrategy>
           <sharedDeadLetterStrategy processExpired="false" />
    </deadLetterStrategy>
    <pendingDurableSubscriberPolicy>
         <fileDurableSubscriberCursor/>
    </pendingDurableSubscriberPolicy>
    <pendingSubscriberPolicy>
          <fileCursor />
    </pendingSubscriberPolicy>
    <pendingMessageLimitStrategy>
   	  <constantPendingMessageLimitStrategy limit="1000"/>
    </pendingMessageLimitStrategy>
</policyEntry>

With this memory settings:

        <systemUsage>