activemq-users mailing list archives

From Gary Tully <gary.tu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Newbie to activemq
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2012 09:52:01 GMT
see if you can increase the logging level for spring. It may just be a
class loading issue trying to resolve the initial context factory.
Are you certain that the activemq initial context factory class is
visible to your spring context?

On 11 September 2012 07:51, Saikat Kanjilal <sxk1969@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Yes I saw that link already, however we are using spring in our infrastructure and unfortunately
changing to Camel is currently not an option for me.  I feel like I am pretty close , just
need to figure out whether this is a tomcat jndi issue or a spring issue, the error message
is not really clear :)

>> From: claus.ibsen@gmail.com
>> Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 08:47:23 +0200
>> Subject: Re: Newbie to activemq
>> To: users@activemq.apache.org
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> If you use Camel to communicate with JMS / ActiveMQ, then we have an
>> example how to embed AMQ + Camel in Tomcat (eg a WAR app). You can
>> take a look at this:
>> http://camel.apache.org/activemq-camel-tomcat.html
>>

>> On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 8:44 AM, Saikat Kanjilal <sxk1969@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hello all,I'm new to activemq but not to java and spring and I would much appreciate
some help, I am trying to get activemq running with spring and in embedded mode with Tomcat
version 6.    I have followed the following wikis (http://www.tomcatexpert.com/blog/2010/12/16/integrating-activemq-tomcat-using-local-jndi,http://icodingclub.blogspot.com/2011/09/spring-jms-with-embeded-activemq-in.html)
and gone through each of the steps, however in both cases I end up with the following stack
trace:
>> > org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean
with name 'connectionFactory': Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is javax.naming.NamingException:
Cannot create resource instance

>> > It seems like either my JNDI setup is not correct in tomcat or there is some
other spring issue.   Also note that I am trying to get the consumer and the producer to run
on the same jvm.

http://fusesource.com
http://blog.garytully.com