activemq-users mailing list archives

From Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>
Subject Re: Re: configure ActiveMQ with Zookeeper?
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2012 08:56:07 GMT
Hi,

just to confirm that I still have some things coming in terms of
pluggable lockers and zk locker is among them.

But generally that will only support shared storage locking using zk.
For full provisioning framework based on zk that already supports
ActiveMQ, you should take a look at Fuse Fabric

http://fuse.fusesource.org/mq/docs/mq-fabric.html

Regards
--
Dejan Bosanac
Senior Software Engineer | FuseSource Corp.

On Sun, Sep 9, 2012 at 6:52 AM, Gaurav Sharma
<gaurav.cs.sharma@gmail.com> wrote:
> No problem. The JMX docs are here: http://activemq.apache.org/jmx.html
> Also, here's the locking jira: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQ-4005
>

> On Sat, Sep 8, 2012 at 6:51 PM, rmn190 <rmn190@gmail.com> wrote:
>> thanks, Gaurav.
>>
>> would you please give me some example about  configuring ActimveMQ via JMX?
>>

>> rmn190
>>
>> From: Gaurav Sharma
>> Date: 2012-09-09 00:54
>> To: users@activemq.apache.org
>> Subject: Re: configure ActiveMQ with Zookeeper?
>> It is doable but zk's real power is in dynamic config. mgmt. So, if you review the
xml schema, a lot of the elements of activemq.xml are not dynamically reconfigurable and require
a restart. So, why introduce this other component for configuration anyway? Also, AMQ already
exposes rich JMX based configuration options (most of the dyn. configs are exposed) for this
purpose.

>> zk has its place for distributed locking, leader election, etc and that's an area
we can use for multi-node brokers. Dejan has already created a pluggable interface to accomplish
this for AMQ (please search jira).

>> On Sep 8, 2012, at 1:07, rmn190 <rmn190@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> hi, all:
>>>
>>> I am assigned to do some study about configuring ActiveMQ with Zookeeper.
>>>
>>> What I am aware of Zookeeper is that it is a centralized service for maintaining
configuration information, but when it comes to ActiveMQ, I have no idea.  since generally
all configurable about activeMq is only the configure file, e.g. activemq.xml in $ACTIVE_HOME/conf
directory.

>>> So it is possible to maintain the activemq.xml via Zookeeper?   For this assignment,
I have an intuitive  idea:

>>> Step 1: put the activemq.xml into zookeeper node, which is deployed in the same
server with activemq.  the whole file of activemq.xml would be converted to as binary format.
>>> Step 2: in order to start activemq with the activemq.xml stored in step1, convert
the  binary format back to xml file, and then pass it to ActiveMQ.