activemq-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Newbie to activemq
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2012 07:21:50 GMT
Chapter 8 of ActiveMQ in Action talks about running AMQ in various
containers such as Tomcat
http://manning.com/snyder/

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 8:51 AM, Saikat Kanjilal <sxk1969@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Yes I saw that link already, however we are using spring in our infrastructure and unfortunately
changing to Camel is currently not an option for me.  I feel like I am pretty close , just
need to figure out whether this is a tomcat jndi issue or a spring issue, the error message
is not really clear :)

>> From: claus.ibsen@gmail.com
>> Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 08:47:23 +0200
>> Subject: Re: Newbie to activemq
>> To: users@activemq.apache.org
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> If you use Camel to communicate with JMS / ActiveMQ, then we have an
>> example how to embed AMQ + Camel in Tomcat (eg a WAR app). You can
>> take a look at this:
>> http://camel.apache.org/activemq-camel-tomcat.html
>>

>> On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 8:44 AM, Saikat Kanjilal <sxk1969@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hello all,I'm new to activemq but not to java and spring and I would much appreciate
some help, I am trying to get activemq running with spring and in embedded mode with Tomcat
version 6.    I have followed the following wikis (http://www.tomcatexpert.com/blog/2010/12/16/integrating-activemq-tomcat-using-local-jndi,http://icodingclub.blogspot.com/2011/09/spring-jms-with-embeded-activemq-in.html)
and gone through each of the steps, however in both cases I end up with the following stack
trace:
>> > org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean
with name 'connectionFactory': Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is javax.naming.NamingException:
Cannot create resource instance

>> > It seems like either my JNDI setup is not correct in tomcat or there is some
other spring issue.   Also note that I am trying to get the consumer and the producer to run
on the same jvm.
>> > I am running active mq version 5.6.0 with spring 3.0.5.
>> >
>> > Looking forward to your help.
>> > Regards
>>

>> --
>> Claus Ibsen