activemq-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Intermittent delayed delivery
Date Sat, 15 Sep 2012 06:17:33 GMT
The redelivery delay values seems high to me. Is this on purpose?
10800000 mills is a high value

On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 8:03 PM, Ken DeLong <ken.delong@babycenter.com> wrote:
> We are using ActiveMQ 5.5.1 as an embedded broker in our Spring 3.1.0 application. We
have enabled message redelivery.  From time to time, we see messages that are sent to the
queue, but are never delivered, or are delivered hours later.  We've gone through the posts
on using Spring's JMS Template with ActiveMQ and think we have the proper settings.

> Our current theory is that perhaps when messages throw a RuntimeException, and get re-enqueued
for later delivery, the consumers are not released and the new messages can't be delivered.
 However, we can't really gather much evidence to support this.

> I'm including  the configuration that we are using, in the hopes that someone might spot
something that we have got wrong.

> <amq:broker id="jmsBroker" useJmx="true" persistent="true"
>        brokerName="localhost" dataDirectory="${catalina.home}/data/intl2/jms"
>        start="true">
>        <amq:destinationPolicy>
>               <amq:policyMap>
>                      <amq:policyEntries>
>                            <amq:policyEntry topic=">" producerFlowControl="false"
memoryLimit="1mb" useCache="false">
>                                   <amq:pendingSubscriberPolicy>
>                                   <amq:vmCursor />
>                                   </amq:pendingSubscriberPolicy>
>                            </amq:policyEntry>
>                            <!-- Prefetch : http://activemq.apache.org/what-is-the-prefetch-limit-for.html
>                                 Flow control: http://activemq.apache.org/producer-flow-control.html
>                                 Stuck messages: http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/Messages-stuck-in-queue-td3244342.html
>                                                 https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQ-2009
>                            -->
>                            <amq:policyEntry queue=">" producerFlowControl="false"
memoryLimit="1mb" useCache="false" queuePrefetch="1">
see: http://activemq.apache.org/message-cursors.html
>                                          <pendingQueuePolicy> <vmQueueCursor/>
</pendingQueuePolicy> -->
>                            </amq:policyEntry>
>                      </amq:policyEntries>
>               </amq:policyMap>
>        </amq:destinationPolicy>
>        <amq:managementContext>
>               <amq:managementContext createConnector="false" />
>        </amq:managementContext>
>        <amq:persistenceAdapter>
>               <amq:kahaDB directory="${catalina.home}/data/intl2/jms/kahadb"
>                      checkForCorruptJournalFiles="true" checksumJournalFiles="true"
>                      forceRecoverIndex="true" />
>        </amq:persistenceAdapter>
> </amq:broker>
>
> <!-- <bean id="jmsConnectionFactory" class="org.apache.activemq.pool.PooledConnectionFactory"
>        destroy-method="stop"> -->
> <bean id="jmsConnectionFactory" class="org.springframework.jms.connection.CachingConnectionFactory">
>        <property name="targetConnectionFactory">
>               <bean class="org.apache.activemq.spring.ActiveMQConnectionFactory">
>                      <property name="brokerURL" value="vm://localhost" />
>                      <property name="redeliveryPolicy">
>                            <bean class="org.apache.activemq.RedeliveryPolicy">
>                                   <property name="maximumRedeliveries"    value="15"
/>
>                                   <property name="initialRedeliveryDelay" value="10800000"
/>
>                                   <property name="redeliveryDelay"        value="10800000"
/>
>                            </bean>
>                      </property>
>               </bean>
>        </property>
> </bean>
>
> <bean id="eventServiceJmsTemplate" class="org.springframework.jms.core.JmsTemplate">
>        <property name="connectionFactory" ref="jmsConnectionFactory" />
>        <property name="defaultDestination" ref="destination" />
>        <property name="pubSubDomain" value="false" />
>        <property name="deliveryPersistent" value="true" />
> </bean>
>
> <bean id="destination" class="org.apache.activemq.command.ActiveMQQueue">
>        <property name="physicalName" value="asynchQueue" />
> </bean>
>
> <bean id="destinationResolver" class="org.springframework.jms.support.destination.BeanFactoryDestinationResolver"
/>
>        <!--
>      http://activemq.apache.org/message-redelivery-and-dlq-handling.html
>      Tracing through Spring's code, it seems that it will not roll back the transaction
unless we set acknowledge to "transacted"

--
Claus Ibsen