activemq-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <>
Subject Re: Newbie to activemq
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2012 06:47:23 GMT

If you use Camel to communicate with JMS / ActiveMQ, then we have an
example how to embed AMQ + Camel in Tomcat (eg a WAR app). You can
take a look at this:

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 8:44 AM, Saikat Kanjilal <> wrote:
> Hello all,I'm new to activemq but not to java and spring and I would much appreciate
some help, I am trying to get activemq running with spring and in embedded mode with Tomcat
version 6.    I have followed the following wikis (,
and gone through each of the steps, however in both cases I end up with the following stack
> org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name
'connectionFactory': Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is javax.naming.NamingException:
Cannot create resource instance
> It seems like either my JNDI setup is not correct in tomcat or there is some other spring
issue.   Also note that I am trying to get the consumer and the producer to run on the same
> I am running active mq version 5.6.0 with spring 3.0.5.
> Looking forward to your help.
> Regards

Claus Ibsen
Twitter: davsclaus, fusenews