activemq-users mailing list archives

From Gaurav Sharma <gaurav.cs.sha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: configure ActiveMQ with Zookeeper?
Date Sun, 09 Sep 2012 04:52:29 GMT
No problem. The JMX docs are here: http://activemq.apache.org/jmx.html
Also, here's the locking jira: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQ-4005

On Sat, Sep 8, 2012 at 6:51 PM, rmn190 <rmn190@gmail.com> wrote:
> thanks, Gaurav.
>
> would you please give me some example about  configuring ActimveMQ via JMX?
>

> rmn190
>
> From: Gaurav Sharma
> Date: 2012-09-09 00:54
> To: users@activemq.apache.org
> Subject: Re: configure ActiveMQ with Zookeeper?
> It is doable but zk's real power is in dynamic config. mgmt. So, if you review the xml
schema, a lot of the elements of activemq.xml are not dynamically reconfigurable and require
a restart. So, why introduce this other component for configuration anyway? Also, AMQ already
exposes rich JMX based configuration options (most of the dyn. configs are exposed) for this
purpose.

> zk has its place for distributed locking, leader election, etc and that's an area we
can use for multi-node brokers. Dejan has already created a pluggable interface to accomplish
this for AMQ (please search jira).

> On Sep 8, 2012, at 1:07, rmn190 <rmn190@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> hi, all:
>>
>> I am assigned to do some study about configuring ActiveMQ with Zookeeper.
>>
>> What I am aware of Zookeeper is that it is a centralized service for maintaining
configuration information, but when it comes to ActiveMQ, I have no idea.  since generally
all configurable about activeMq is only the configure file, e.g. activemq.xml in $ACTIVE_HOME/conf
directory.

>> So it is possible to maintain the activemq.xml via Zookeeper?   For this assignment,
I have an intuitive  idea:

>> Step 1: put the activemq.xml into zookeeper node, which is deployed in the same server
with activemq.  the whole file of activemq.xml would be converted to as binary format.
>> Step 2: in order to start activemq with the activemq.xml stored in step1, convert
the  binary format back to xml file, and then pass it to ActiveMQ.