activemq-users mailing list archives

From Saikat Kanjilal <>
Subject Newbie to activemq
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2012 06:44:53 GMT

Hello all,I'm new to activemq but not to java and spring and I would much appreciate some
help, I am trying to get activemq running with spring and in embedded mode with Tomcat version
6.    I have followed the following wikis (,
and gone through each of the steps, however in both cases I end up with the following stack
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'connectionFactory':
Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is javax.naming.NamingException: Cannot
create resource instance

It seems like either my JNDI setup is not correct in tomcat or there is some other spring
issue.   Also note that I am trying to get the consumer and the producer to run on the same
I am running active mq version 5.6.0 with spring 3.0.5.

Looking forward to your help.