activemq-users mailing list archives

From Saikat Kanjilal <sxk1...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Newbie to activemq
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2012 06:51:44 GMT

Yes I saw that link already, however we are using spring in our infrastructure and unfortunately
changing to Camel is currently not an option for me.  I feel like I am pretty close , just
need to figure out whether this is a tomcat jndi issue or a spring issue, the error message
is not really clear :)

> From: claus.ibsen@gmail.com
> Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 08:47:23 +0200
> Subject: Re: Newbie to activemq
> To: users@activemq.apache.org
>
> Hi
>
> If you use Camel to communicate with JMS / ActiveMQ, then we have an
> example how to embed AMQ + Camel in Tomcat (eg a WAR app). You can
> take a look at this:
> http://camel.apache.org/activemq-camel-tomcat.html
>

> On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 8:44 AM, Saikat Kanjilal <sxk1969@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hello all,I'm new to activemq but not to java and spring and I would much appreciate
some help, I am trying to get activemq running with spring and in embedded mode with Tomcat
version 6.    I have followed the following wikis (http://www.tomcatexpert.com/blog/2010/12/16/integrating-activemq-tomcat-using-local-jndi,http://icodingclub.blogspot.com/2011/09/spring-jms-with-embeded-activemq-in.html)
and gone through each of the steps, however in both cases I end up with the following stack
trace:
> > org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with
name 'connectionFactory': Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is javax.naming.NamingException:
Cannot create resource instance

> > It seems like either my JNDI setup is not correct in tomcat or there is some other
spring issue.   Also note that I am trying to get the consumer and the producer to run on
the same jvm.