activemq-users mailing list archives

From Saikat Kanjilal <sxk1...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Newbie to activemq
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2012 15:29:25 GMT

I will increase the logging level in spring and see what I can find, also I have no idea whether
the initial context factory class is visible or not, I guess I'd like to understand why it
wouldn't be visible or figure out how this visibility is reconciled, is this something where
spring cannot see tomcat's environment, pardon my ignorance on this, I'll be reading docs
on JNDI setup in Tomcat as well as spring docs, it would be great if someone who already has
this setup working could help give a pointer.  Could this be an issue where I need to copy
the individual activemq jar files to the tomcat/lib directory instead of the activemq-all-versionnumber.jar,
see this thread (http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/activemq-users/200807.mbox/%3C18611643.post@talk.nabble.com%3E)?

Also to provide more details around my setup:

Wikis referenced: (http://www.tomcatexpert.com/blog/2010/12/16/integrating-activemq-tomcat-using-local-jndi,http://icodingclub.blogspot.com/2011/09/spring-jms-with-embeded-activemq-in.html)Tomcat
version: 6.0.35spring version: 3.0.5activemq version: 5.6.0maven (not that this matters but
I'll put this here anyway): 2.2.1Use Case: Consumer running on same JVM as producer, consumer
needs to read off the queue and make an http call to update a cache, producer needs to read
from a relational db and populate/update the queue

Regards

> Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 10:52:01 +0100
> Subject: Re: Newbie to activemq
> From: gary.tully@gmail.com
> To: users@activemq.apache.org
>
> see if you can increase the logging level for spring. It may just be a
> class loading issue trying to resolve the initial context factory.
> Are you certain that the activemq initial context factory class is
> visible to your spring context?
>

> On 11 September 2012 07:51, Saikat Kanjilal <sxk1969@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Yes I saw that link already, however we are using spring in our infrastructure and
unfortunately changing to Camel is currently not an option for me.  I feel like I am pretty
close , just need to figure out whether this is a tomcat jndi issue or a spring issue, the
error message is not really clear :)

> >> From: claus.ibsen@gmail.com
> >> Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 08:47:23 +0200
> >> Subject: Re: Newbie to activemq
> >> To: users@activemq.apache.org
> >>
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> If you use Camel to communicate with JMS / ActiveMQ, then we have an
> >> example how to embed AMQ + Camel in Tomcat (eg a WAR app). You can
> >> take a look at this:
> >> http://camel.apache.org/activemq-camel-tomcat.html

appreciate some help, I am trying to get activemq running with spring and in embedded mode
with Tomcat version 6.    I have followed the following wikis (http://www.tomcatexpert.com/blog/2010/12/16/integrating-activemq-tomcat-using-local-jndi,http://icodingclub.blogspot.com/2011/09/spring-jms-with-embeded-activemq-in.html)
and gone through each of the steps, however in both cases I end up with the following stack
trace:
bean with name 'connectionFactory': Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is
javax.naming.NamingException: Cannot create resource instance

some other spring issue.   Also note that I am trying to get the consumer and the producer
to run on the same jvm.