activemq-users mailing list archives

From rmn190 <rmn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: configure ActiveMQ with Zookeeper?
Date Sun, 09 Sep 2012 01:51:36 GMT
thanks, Gaurav.

would you please give me some example about  configuring ActimveMQ via JMX?

rmn190

From: Gaurav Sharma
Date: 2012-09-09 00:54
To: users@activemq.apache.org
Subject: Re: configure ActiveMQ with Zookeeper?
It is doable but zk's real power is in dynamic config. mgmt. So, if you review the xml schema,
a lot of the elements of activemq.xml are not dynamically reconfigurable and require a restart.
So, why introduce this other component for configuration anyway? Also, AMQ already exposes
rich JMX based configuration options (most of the dyn. configs are exposed) for this purpose.

zk has its place for distributed locking, leader election, etc and that's an area we can use
for multi-node brokers. Dejan has already created a pluggable interface to accomplish this
for AMQ (please search jira).

On Sep 8, 2012, at 1:07, rmn190 <rmn190@gmail.com> wrote:

> hi, all:
>
> I am assigned to do some study about configuring ActiveMQ with Zookeeper.
>
> What I am aware of Zookeeper is that it is a centralized service for maintaining configuration
information, but when it comes to ActiveMQ, I have no idea.  since generally all configurable
about activeMq is only the configure file, e.g. activemq.xml in $ACTIVE_HOME/conf directory.

> So it is possible to maintain the activemq.xml via Zookeeper?   For this assignment,
I have an intuitive  idea:

> Step 1: put the activemq.xml into zookeeper node, which is deployed in the same server
with activemq.  the whole file of activemq.xml would be converted to as binary format.
> Step 2: in order to start activemq with the activemq.xml stored in step1, convert the
 binary format back to xml file, and then pass it to ActiveMQ.