activemq-users mailing list archives

From rmn190 <rmn...@gmail.com>
Subject configure ActiveMQ with Zookeeper?
Date Sat, 08 Sep 2012 08:07:27 GMT

hi, all:

I am assigned to do some study about configuring ActiveMQ with Zookeeper.

What I am aware of Zookeeper is that it is a centralized service for maintaining configuration
information, but when it comes to ActiveMQ, I have no idea.  since generally all configurable
about activeMq is only the configure file, e.g. activemq.xml in $ACTIVE_HOME/conf directory.

So it is possible to maintain the activemq.xml via Zookeeper?   For this assignment, I have
an intuitive  idea:

Step 1: put the activemq.xml into zookeeper node, which is deployed in the same server with
activemq.  the whole file of activemq.xml would be converted to as binary format.
Step 2: in order to start activemq with the activemq.xml stored in step1, convert the  binary
format back to xml file, and then pass it to ActiveMQ.

step 1 is easy to implement, but with step2, I have no idea how to implement.

Any comments or insights are appreciated.

rmn190