activemq-users mailing list archives

From wjmcdonald <william.mcdon...@transcentra.com>
Subject DR strategy for file-level locking
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2012 21:03:01 GMT
What happens if there is a disaster in prod and the only replication of the
data store is file-level (ie. not block-level)?  If I startup the DR broker
network with the file-level replicated data store, will I be missing
messages?  Will this be detected?  Would the clients of the missing messages
already have had them ack'd and think they were already sent?  How does
ActiveMQ respond?  How does ActiveMQ respond to incomplete data blocks in
its store?

What strategies do you recommend in this case?
Is there a way to tag each messages and know which ones are missing?  an
audit trail?