activemq-users mailing list archives

From kureckam <mkure...@fractech.net>
Subject Finding a hung consumer
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2012 18:59:39 GMT
We have an application that sometimes runs out of memory. It has five topics
that multiple consumers and producers interact with. I believe that one of
the consumers may be getting hung causing ActiveMQ to hang on to the
messages and fill the buffer. I would like to know if there is a way to
determine which consumer might be hanging. I also thought that setting
timeToLive on the producer would release the unacknowledged messages after
the timeout occurred but that doesn't seem to be the case. Is there a way to
prevent the buffer from overflowing?