activemq-users mailing list archives

From bannie <ban...@ciandt.com>
Subject How to monitor the memory usage of apache activemq?
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2012 10:04:37 GMT
Recently i was fighting with activemq log. Lots of "usage manager memory
limit reached" or "usage manager memory limit full" are logged in the log.By
reading the official document, I know one way to solve it, change the
"memoryLimit" in the configuration. And then I reckon it's not a final
solution, someday it will happen again, the memory is fixed while the needs
of memory increases more and more in the future. (Currently the
configuration is memoryLimit = 1024MB). So I wanna monitor the memory usage
of the activemq, before it reaches of the 'usage manager memory limit', the
OS will send me an email, so i can do something for this situation.Question
1: Anyone who knows how to do that monitor the above situation?Actually I
already tried use JMX to monitor the usage of memory, and then I made a test
for this approach. First, I run the jconsole and monitor the activemq via
JMX. Second, I inserted thousands of messages into the queue of activemq. At
that moment, I checked the activemq's log, I do see lots of "usage manager
memory limit full" in here, but unfortunately the changes of memory usage in
the jconsole's monitor are very small.Question 2: Is my test approach wrong?