activemq-users mailing list archives

From himanshu_s83 <>
Subject ActiveMQ Message Wait Time in Broker
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2012 12:09:00 GMT

I would like to find out how much time a message waited inside the Broker
before being dispatched to the consumer. I’m using JMSActiveMQBrokerInTime /
JMSActiveMQBrokerOutTime to figure that out. I’m browsing the concerned
queue through QueueBrowser but the JMSActiveMQBrokerOutTime is always
returned as the current timestamp and not the one when it actually
dispatched message to the consumer. It looks like the Broker is over-writing
JMSActiveMQBrokerOutTime with the time when its being read by the
QueueBrowser. Is there any way to avoid that and get the correct
JMSActiveMQBrokerOutTime OR if some other way to figure it out?

I'm using 5.5.0 release of AMQ.