activemq-users mailing list archives

From "lkankowski@gmail.com" <lkankow...@gmail.com>
Subject JMS Bridge encoding problem
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2012 22:35:39 GMT
Hi,

I have a problem with characters encoding. I have configured a JMS bridge to
our legacy JMS v. 1.0.2 SeeBeyond eGate (the only working way).

<broker xmlns="http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core" id="localbroker"
brokerName="localBroker" persistent="false">
    <jmsBridgeConnectors>
      <jmsTopicConnector outboundTopicConnectionFactory="#remoteFactory"
outboundClientId="AMQ-Bridge-client">
        <inboundTopicBridges>
          <inboundTopicBridge inboundTopicName="etItemsFromRMS"
consumerName="AMQ-Bridge"/>
        </inboundTopicBridges>
      </jmsTopicConnector>
    </jmsBridgeConnectors>

    <transportConnectors>
      <transportConnector name="openwire" uri="tcp://localhost:61616" />
    </transportConnectors>
  </broker>

  <bean id="remoteFactory"
class="com.seebeyond.jms.client.STCTopicConnectionFactory">
	<constructor-arg value="10.0.3.14"/>
	<constructor-arg value="24064"/>
  </bean>

Problem is that type of message on eGate JMS is byte array (byte[] or
something like BytesMessage), but after bridging to ActiveMQ encoding of
Polish characters is changed. Originally they are encoded using UTF-8.
So first question is how exactly I can check what conversion is made and
what type of message is at ActiveMQ (maybe some debugging options??).

After that I defined a Camel Route in AMQ embedded Camel like this:
        <route>
            <description>Example Camel Route</description>
            <from uri="activemq:topic:etItemsFromRMS"/>
            <log message="${body}"/>
            <to uri="activemq:queue:qItemsFromRMS"/>
        </route>

and checked that encoding is wrong.
It looks like message is somewhere converted from byte[] to String using
Windows system encoding WIN-1250 (or cp1250) Or maybe byte[] -->
String(UTF-8) --> String(WIN-1250).

Sorry for my bad english and also I wrote all above from memory, so there
can be some little mistakes - if some one want to help, I will update
information with working examples.