activemq-users mailing list archives

From sub3 <st...@subwest.com>
Subject Help with Topic Expirations
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2012 21:32:41 GMT
Hi,

My topics messages aren't expiring. I want messages to expire after the
number of pending messages reach 10000, basically having the consumer not
get all the messages if it can't keep up. I thought the
pendingMessageLimitStrategy would give me this, but it doesn't appear to be
working as I configured it.

I've tried by starting a producer sending messages as fast as possible & a
consumer that only ingests a message every second. The producer is
eventually slowed down to sending about once a second.  My guess is that I
am not using the right parameters, here is my config file:

<broker xmlns="http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core"
brokerName="base-broker" persistent="false" start="false">
  <destinationPolicy>
     <policyMap>
       <policyEntries>
  	     <policyEntry topic=">" expireMessagesPeriod="30000"
gcInactiveDestinations="true" >
           <dispatchPolicy>
             <strictOrderDispatchPolicy/>
            </dispatchPolicy>
         </policyEntry>
		 <pendingMessageLimitStrategy>
		   <constantPendingMessageLimitStrategy limit="10000"/>
		 </pendingMessageLimitStrategy>
       </policyEntries>

Thanks for any help.