activemq-users mailing list archives

From jockeyyan <jockey...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: ActiveMQ Broker Scheduler unable to create new native thread
Date Sun, 23 Sep 2012 15:36:28 GMT
Thank you, Gaurav.

I adjusted the JVM parameters of ActiveMQ and increase the PermSize, it seems everything ok
until now.

From: Gaurav Sharma [via ActiveMQ] [mailto:ml-node+s2283324n4656828h31@n4.nabble.com]
Sent: 2012年9月22日 10:34
To: jockeyyan
Subject: Re: ActiveMQ Broker Scheduler unable to create new native thread

For starters, simply give it more heap. So, increase heap as a step function (1G, 1.5G, 2G...)
and measure throughput. Throughput sustenance will also depend on message size and how well
both the broker and clients keep up.

On Sep 21, 2012, at 18:49, jockeyyan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear Gaurav:
>
> The configuration parameters of my broker as following:

> ACTIVEMQ_OPTS=-Xmx512M
> -Dorg.apache.activemq.UseDedicatedTaskRunner=false
> -Djava.util.logging.config.file=logging.properties -Xss256k

> There are 1 CPU of 4 kernels and 6G memory on this machine, and no
> other app is running.
>

> 2012/9/21 Gaurav Sharma [via ActiveMQ]
> <[hidden email]>:
>> How much heap have we given to the broker and what else is running on the
>> same machine? Also, just fire up jconsole, attach to the process and watch
>> allocations, threads and cpu - should give a clue. v5.6 is the current
>> release, so, upgrade if possible.
>>
>> On Sep 20, 2012, at 23:34, jockeyyan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi:
>>>
>>> I am using ActiveMQ 5.4.3 to make some loading test. I created one
>>> producer,
>>> one broker and one consumer with Spring JAX-WS config. The producer invoke
>>> the functions to send messages to broker continuously and the consumer
>>> just
>>> receive and echo.
>>> Everything is OK at beginning. After invoke many times(about 2000 to
>>> 3000),
>>> the broker is crashed and display the following error message, Does anyone
>>> could help me fingure out what the matter of the broker is?
>>>

>>> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>>> Exception in thread "ActiveMQ Broker[localhost] Scheduler"
>>> java.lang.OutOfMemory
>>> Error: unable to create new native thread
>>>       at java.lang.Thread.start0(Native Method)
>>>       at java.lang.Thread.start(Thread.java:640)
>>>       at
>>> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.addIfUnderMaximumPoolSize(Thr
>>> eadPoolExecutor.java:727)
>>>       at
>>> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.execute(ThreadPoolExecutor.ja
>>> va:657)
>>>       at
>>> org.apache.activemq.thread.PooledTaskRunner.wakeup(PooledTaskRunner.j
>>> ava:76)
>>>       at
>>> org.apache.activemq.broker.region.Queue.asyncWakeup(Queue.java:1637)
>>>       at
>>> org.apache.activemq.broker.region.Queue.expireMessages(Queue.java:773
>>> )
>>>       at
>>> org.apache.activemq.broker.region.Queue.access$100(Queue.java:83)
>>>       at org.apache.activemq.broker.region.Queue$2.run(Queue.java:123)
>>>       at
>>> org.apache.activemq.thread.SchedulerTimerTask.run(SchedulerTimerTask.
>>> java:33)
>>>       at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:512)
>>>       at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:462)

>>> The config of my consumer as following:

> [...]

  _____

http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/ActiveMQ-Broker-Scheduler-unable-to-create-new-native-thread-tp4656787p4656828.html

To unsubscribe from ActiveMQ Broker Scheduler unable to create new native thread, click here
<http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=unsubscribe_by_code&node=4656787&code=am9ja2V5eWFuQGdtYWlsLmNvbXw0NjU2Nzg3fDEwMjY2NTUwNzg=>
.
 <http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>
NAML