activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Martin C." <mart...@gmx.at>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ 5.5 SSL network bridge sometimes fails to re-establish after connection failure
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2012 12:59:15 GMT
Hi,

This might point you in the right direction, but not sure:

> http://tmielke.blogspot.com/2011/09/activemq-network-bridge-to-masterslave.html

Thanks, I will have a look at this and try to apply it to our situation.

> Is this something that can be recreated consistently?

Unfortunately not, but it seems as if it keeps hanging somewhere in the TLS
handshake, but I am not entirely sure. It happens if there is
higher-than-usual amount of packet loss going on or has very high latency,
but it doesn't recover afterwards.

We are not using pairs, just broker A --> Central, B --> Central.

We are currently investigating the option to update to 5.6, but this will
take us some more time. We can monitor it happening, as the JMX objects
vanish in this state and won't re-appear, but at the moment it always
requires manual intervention by restarting the broker. I would be already
happy if there was some way I could start the bridge manually again via
JMX, because I could script this in the watchdog as well.

Best regards,
Martin