activemq-users mailing list archives

From Jeremy Levy <jel...@gmail.com>
Subject tmp-storage cleanup with fileQueueCursor
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2012 14:44:59 GMT
When using fileQueueCursor, as I understand it the data is written to the
tmp-storage directory.  When does this directory get cleaned up.  For
example I tested putting about 3 million messages on a queue and it
successfully wrote them to disk (as opposed to memory).  It took up about
8.7GB.  I then deleted the queue from the web console, however the 8.7GB
remained.  Is there a job or something that I need to configure for this
space to be reclaimed?

Thanks.

Jeremy

 <destinationPolicy>
            <policyMap>
              <policyEntries>
                <policyEntry topic=">" producerFlowControl="false"
memoryLimit="2mb">
                  <pendingSubscriberPolicy>
                    <vmCursor />
                  </pendingSubscriberPolicy>
                </policyEntry>

                <policyEntry queue=">" producerFlowControl="false"
memoryLimit="2mb" prioritizedMessages="true">
                  <!-- Use VM cursor for better latency
                       For more information, see:

                       http://activemq.apache.org/message-cursors.html
                   -->