activemq-users mailing list archives

From Raul Kripalani <r...@fusesource.com>
Subject Re: How to determine originator of message at the receiver?
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2012 17:50:37 GMT
Yes, but it requires using the ActiveMQ JMS implementation classes rather
than the pure JMS interfaces.

If you cast the javax.jms.Message to an
org.apache.activemq.command.ActiveMQMessage,
you can use the getProducerId() method to obtain the ProducerId. What I'm
not sure is how useful that will be, because AFAIK it is generated at
random. But maybe the ID embeds the hostname or something.

You can also try ProducerId.getConnectionId() to see if you get something
useful.

Hope that helps,

*Raúl Kripalani*
*Principal Consultant | FuseSource Corp.
raul@fusesource.com | fusesource.com <http://www.fusesource.com/>
skype: raul.fuse | twitter: @raulvk <http://twitter.com/raulvk>,
@fusenews<http://twitter.com/fusenews>
*