activemq-users mailing list archives

From Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>
Subject Re: Question about REST and to subscribing Topics
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2012 09:47:58 GMT
Hi Chris,

REST API doesn't support durable topic subscribers. But there's a
couple of ways to achieve that:

- use virtual topics (http://activemq.apache.org/virtual-destinations.html)
- as you're planning to use Apache HttpClient, you can consider using
http protocol (http://activemq.apache.org/http-and-https-transports-reference.html)
and use JMS API
- also consider using Stomp protocol (http://stomp.github.com/) instead of REST

Regards
--
Dejan Bosanac
Senior Software Engineer | FuseSource Corp.