activemq-users mailing list archives

From Torsten Mielke <tors...@fusesource.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ hangs
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2012 08:46:28 GMT
Hello,

In your Camel route you seem to route message from various destinations on the broker to other
destinations on the same broker.
Is it possible that the destinations you route message to are getting filled up (not all,
but some of them).
If that happens, producer flow control might kick in, causing the Camel route producers to
be put on hold until more messages get consumed.
If the Camel route producer is stalled, the entire Camel route is stalled.
http://activemq.apache.org/producer-flow-control.html

I suggest you monitor all queues and topics on the broker using either the web console or
JMX.
Also, a thread dump of the broker and the Camel route (in case it runs external to the broker)
could help you to find out in what state the broker and your Camel route are.

Torsten Mielke
torsten@fusesource.com
tmielke@blogspot.com

On Aug 21, 2012, at 9:32 AM, Tlholoe, Peter wrote:

> We currently have a problem in our production environment. We have one general purpose
topic where all messages are published to, and A Camel  subscribed to that general purpose
topic, apply rules to route the messages to different topics. That consumer constantly has
higher MessageCountAwaitingAcknowledge and higer DispachedQueueSize (around 2000). Our PROD
is a high message traffic message environment.

> Any pointers on what might be causing this. Please see attached our activemq.xml and
camel.xml.
> To read FirstRand Bank's Disclaimer for this email click on the following address or
copy into your Internet browser:
> https://www.fnb.co.za/disclaimer.html
>
> If you are unable to access the Disclaimer, send a blank e-mail to firstrandbankdisclaimer@fnb.co.za
and we will send you a copy of the Disclaimer.