activemq-users mailing list archives

From Torsten Mielke <tors...@fusesource.com>
Subject Re: how can I run the benchmark test?
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2012 07:25:12 GMT
Answers in-line.

On Aug 29, 2012, at 4:19 PM, rmn190 wrote:

> hello.
>
> would you please explain the usage of "
> http://activemq.apache.org/activemq-performance-module-users-manual.html":
>
> 1, how can I add more test case?

What kind of test do you like to add that you cannot run at the moment? Given the many properties
you can set on the producer and consumer, the vast majority of use cases should be covered
by these options.

> 2, and how can I interpet the test case result?

Make sure the test runs as long as the configured tpSampler.duration time.
The test will exit when that time has elapsed and print out statistics on maximum, minimum
and average performance.
Again, for these numbers to be correct, the test needs to run (producer and consumer) until
the tpSampler.duration time has elapsed.

> it would be better if there is some tutorial about the performance plugin.

You are right, the documentation could probably get improved. However its basically necessary
to start an external broker (e.g. using bin/activemq script) and then start consumer and producer
in their own shells. You can configure producer and consumer according to your use case using
the many options available for each process.