activemq-users mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: Implementing Request Response mechanism
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2012 06:31:28 GMT
If your only concern on the client side is to not pile up messages then
why donĀ“t you simply use a topic for the reply?
Give each client his own topic on the broker by the servers. If there is
no client listening on the topic then the message can be simply discarded.
This has the advantage that you do not need one broker per client.

Btw. for a real time application you could also check if an event
oriented architecture may also help you. In that case the server sends
changes to topics and clients can simply listen if they are interested.

Christian