activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Tlholoe, Peter" <PTlho...@fnb.co.za>
Subject RE: Sounds like ActiveMQ still hangs after memory increase
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2012 07:38:11 GMT
Hi Gaurav,
I did take thread dumps during hang, and after the fact. I have attached 10 thread dump file.
T1dump -t7dump are during the hang and t7dump to t10dump are after the hang period.

-----Original Message-----
From: Gaurav Sharma [mailto:gaurav.cs.sharma@gmail.com]
Sent: 27 August 2012 08:33 AM
To: users@activemq.apache.org
Cc: users@activemq.apache.org
Subject: Re: Sounds like ActiveMQ still hangs after memory increase

When the process hangs, please take a thread dump (kill -3) and pastebin/gist and share so
folks on here can help. Also, how did you determine that it hangs - no log activity, jmx response,
etc?

By the way, 1-2gigs of heap is not very large these days not that you should just up it but
just fyi.

On Aug 26, 2012, at 23:14, "Tlholoe, Peter" <PTlholoe@fnb.co.za> wrote:

> Good Day,
> We have increased the maximum heap size of the JVM started by ActiveMQ to 2048mb, and
set the systemUsage memoryLimit to 1280 (70% of the total max heap size). We have also set
the per destination policy. For topics (“>”) since they are heavily used we have set
the memoryLimit to 512 and 128 mb for Queues (“>”). And we have also disabled producer
flow control. Can it be something else ?. We are using ActiveMQ 5.4.2

> I have attached our activemq.xml
> To read FirstRand Bank's Disclaimer for this email click on the following address or
copy into your Internet browser:
> https://www.fnb.co.za/disclaimer.html
>
> If you are unable to access the Disclaimer, send a blank e-mail to firstrandbankdisclaimer@fnb.co.za
and we will send you a copy of the Disclaimer.