activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Tlholoe, Peter" <PTlho...@fnb.co.za>
Subject RE: ActiveMQ hangs
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2012 12:30:22 GMT
Hi,
I am currently monitoring all the queues/ topics at the moment. In the interim I did disable
producer-flow-control, and increasing the memoryLimit=1024Mb, but I didn't activate systemUsage,
and I read that the memory limit configuration is dependent on the systemUsage configuration.

My idea of this is that in the event of a slow consumer, all the message that are not yet
consumed can be offlined to a file system, so as not to exhaust broker resources and avoid
profucer flow control kicking in.

        <destinationPolicy>
            <policyMap>
              <policyEntries>
                <policyEntry topic=">" producerFlowControl="false" memoryLimit="1024mb">
                  <pendingSubscriberPolicy>
                    <vmCursor />
                  </pendingSubscriberPolicy>
                </policyEntry>
                <policyEntry queue=">" producerFlowControl="false" memoryLimit="1024mb">
                  <!-- Use VM cursor for better latency
                       For more information, see:

                       http://activemq.apache.org/message-cursors.html

                  <pendingQueuePolicy>