activemq-users mailing list archives

From boday <ben.o...@initekconsulting.com>
Subject starvation with JMSPriority queues
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2012 23:41:09 GMT
lets say I have a single (slow) consumer from a priority queue and I produce
mostly high priority messages to it...will low priority messages ever get
processed (based on duration in the queue, etc)?

I know there are workarounds (manually promoting, resequencers, using
multiple queues, etc), but am curios about the default behavior and any AMQ
settings to get around starving low priority messages indefinitely.