activemq-users mailing list archives

From joesan <codeintheo...@gmail.com>
Subject ActiveMQ Master / Slave Message Integrity
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2012 12:48:31 GMT
I have a Master / Slave setup of two ActiveMQ Brokers on the same host and
has a shared network drive for persistence. According to the ActiveMQ
documentation, when the Master goes down the slave picks up and the clients
can still be connected without the messages being lost. But what I
experience is something different. When my Master went out, I manually shut
down my Consumer while my Producer is still sending messages. These messages
are picked up by the Slave. But later I restart my Consumer and to my
surprise, all those messages that were sent to the Slave during Consumer
downtime is not available once the Consumer was fired up. My question is do
I have to use a durable subscription topic? All my topics are non durable.
If I have to use a durable subscription topic, then can anyone please update
the documentation in the ActiveMQ Wiki pages where clustering is explained.