activemq-users mailing list archives

From zackhasit <zackha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Implementing Request Response mechanism
Date Mon, 20 Aug 2012 21:57:44 GMT
Thanks a lot for the code. I looked at it but if you can provide some
comments it might help as I am only familiar with whats at
http://activemq.apache.org/how-should-i-implement-request-response-with-jms.html
and not inner workings.

But first question that comes to mind is if HTTP is right protocol. For
regular communication (with one broker) does it use same HTTP protocol or
its something more light weight (openwire / stomp )? Shoudl we use that ?
(Maybe I dont understand what you are doing and thats the confusion...)

Secondly, is this only way to communicate with multiple brokers. I looked at
the code here
(http://activemq.apache.org/how-should-i-implement-request-response-with-jms.html)
Based on this code cant I just set up combine client and server code in one
process and run it as :

        new Server();
        new client();
    }

In doing so I can have different values for variable "messageBrokerUrl =
"tcp://localhost:61616";" for client and server. Such that when client sends
requests it sends to one broker connection in client class defined in code
and server class implements onMessage() function to receive from different
connection ? Is something like that possible (more standard implementation)
?

>>messaging service/broker as a sort of rate-control/throttling mechanism
between client-server?
Yes (and load balancing where 3 consumers for 1 producer....).