activemq-users mailing list archives

From zackhasit <zackha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Implementing Request Response mechanism
Date Mon, 20 Aug 2012 18:16:55 GMT
Thanks. Few clarifications:

>>register an http-callback in the garb of a message listener
I am not sure I follow how to do this. (Note: We are using CMS instead of
JMS here). Is there a code snippet (JMS itself) that can quickly explain
what should be done ?

As to why we want to do that is due to more real time nature of applications
here. Idea is that when client goes down we want receive broker to catch it
immediately and if server goes down we want server broker to catch that
immediately also.

If you look at link here : http://activemq.apache.org/clustering.html

It says: "if there are no consumers on a certain broker messages could just
pile up without being consumed. We have an outstanding feature request to
tackle this on the client side - but currently the solution to this problem
is to create a Network of brokers to store and forward messages between
brokers."

We don't want any pile up of messages and would have our client to make
decisions itself. These are real time events and if we cant get a response
then there is no point in sending them.
Store and forward which has been suggested above also wouldn't work because
we don't know how long it would store them before forwarding (increasing
latency again). Idea is that if it can be consumed by consumers only then we
should send it.