activemq-users mailing list archives

From zackhasit <zackha...@gmail.com>
Subject Implementing Request Response mechanism
Date Mon, 20 Aug 2012 16:28:30 GMT
I looked at
http://activemq.apache.org/how-should-i-implement-request-response-with-jms.html

However I have a question on this. I have multiple clients and a servers.
Each have their own local broker. Client needs to send message to server's
broker and setJMSreply to it's own (client's) local broker.

Idea being that receives by client and servers are done on their local
brokers but sending is done to remote brokers. That way clients do not have
to check responses from multiple server brokers in round robin manner.

Example:
1. Client sends message to servers broker setting up response dest to be
client's broker's ip
client (IP:xx.xx.xx.xx) --------->server's
broker(IP:yy.yy.yy.yy)--->server(IP:yy.yy.yy.yy)

2. Server responds back to client's local broker.
client (IP:xx.xx.xx.xx) <----client'
broker(IP:xx.xx.xx.xx)<---------server(IP:yy.yy.yy.yy)

Is it possible today ? How is this achieved via code in example above? I
don't want brokers to talk to each other because I would like to know when
other side is down right away.

Thanks