activemq-users mailing list archives

From pankajtakawale <pankaj.takaw...@gmail.com>
Subject JMSXGroupID any settings to free consumer to handle same groupid
Date Sun, 19 Aug 2012 15:52:36 GMT

Topology:
ActiveMQ Master has two consumers (each consumer is nothing but broker)
Each broker has 25 consumers.

Scenario:
Consumer-13 belongs to broker1
Consumer-13 consumes JMSXGroupID G1 message.
COnsumer-13 consumes several other groupids due to heavy load.

Broker2 is almost idle after an hour (due to JMSXGroupID feature, activemq
has to route messages to same consumer)

Within last hour there was not a single event for JMSXGroupID G1.
Now after an hor if producer sends message with JMSXGroupID G1, why activemq
is not assigning to idle broker2?
Is there any other way to achieve this - to tell activemq to forget consumer
for a groupId if it did not receive message for past N seconds?
I can not close groupId by setting "JMSXGroupSeq=-1", because I dont know if
any consumer is still processing or activemq still has any message pending
for that group, or by the time I close if any other thread is going to
generate a message for same group.