activemq-users mailing list archives

From Raul Kripalani <r...@fusesource.com>
Subject Re: Request Redelivery of Acknowledged Messages
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2012 08:36:00 GMT
Not that I know of. Once acked, the broker can safely forget about
that message. Allowing a broker to store messages perpetually would
defeat the purpose of a messaging broker and turn it into a database.

Here's a post that dives deep into consumer acks. You may find it
useful: http://blog.raulkr.net/2012/08/consumer-acknowledgements-in-activemq.html?m=0.

And here's another post by Dejan about the messaging anti-pattern of
using the broker as a DB:
http://sensatic.net/messaging/messaging-anti-patterns-part-1.html.

Hope that helps,
Raúl Kripalani.