activemq-users mailing list archives

From Jeremy Levy <jel...@gmail.com>
Subject Connection to Broker within an Application Server
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2012 23:32:24 GMT
I suspect that the way I am currently producing messages within my
application server is wrong.

We using JBoss 5.1 with a standalone ActiveMQ 5.6.0 broker.  In regards to
producing messages I am caching a static instance of the
ActiveMQConnectionFactory, everything else
Connection,Session,Destination,Producer is created with each message
created/sent.

I've noticed that under very high message creation it appears as though
many connections to the broker are being created (as observed using
netstat) on the machine producing.

It feel like there is no connection pooling being done.

I could also not use ActiveMQConnectionFactory at all and create a JBoss /
ActiveMQ datasource and do the lookup via InitalContext etc..

As I'm currently doing this is there connection pooling, should I be doing
this differently?

Jeremy