activemq-users mailing list archives

From Gary Tully <gary.tu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Old issue] Memory leak after stop web application in Tomcat
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2012 09:48:33 GMT
connection pool stop needs to be called before the static shutdown methods.
Because stop is called via a destroy-method, you must only call the
static shutdowns from your shutdown bean, and only after the
connection pool has stopped. So there should be a depends-on relation
between the beans (shutdown depends on pool). I think they will be
stopped in reverse order.

Every call to close results in a call to stop on the inactivity
monitor which tracks the inactivity monitor executor and calls
shutdown when the reference count drops.
Looking at it now, it may be that it needs to call
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor#shutdownNow for that case
where some tasks are executing.