activemq-users mailing list archives

From Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>
Subject Re: Sending message from broker to clients
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2012 15:35:07 GMT
Hi,

do you need to do it from the broker, or just the same JVM. If it
doesn't need to be done from the broker, you can use regular JMS
producer to connect to your broker and send messages (or even use
Camel to make things easier).

If it needs to be from the broker, you probably need to create a
plugin (http://activemq.apache.org/developing-plugins.html) that will
do something on certain event. One of the examples of plugins that
sends messages can be found here

https://fisheye6.atlassian.com/browse/activemq/trunk/activemq-core/src/main/java/org/apache/activemq/broker/util/RedeliveryPlugin.java?hb=true

In any case, it'd be good to hear more about your use case to find the
best approach.

Regards
--
Dejan Bosanac
Senior Software Engineer | FuseSource Corp.