activemq-users mailing list archives

From Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>
Subject Re: Memory question
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2012 11:25:00 GMT
Hi

> 1) Is the limit for each topic is 100kb?

If this limit is reached the producer will be blocked

> 2) If I don't set a memory limit in the policy entry, does it use the
> systemUsage, memoryUsage value of 1mb?

If the memory limit is not set (or reached) the message will be sent
to the consumer subscription (in the broker). If message can be
dispatched, it will be immediately, if not it will be tried to be put
in a message cursor (http://activemq.apache.org/message-cursors.html).
By default file message cursor is used for topics, so systemUsage will
be checked. But be aware that system usage is shared among all
destinations. This means that if overall memory is full, the message
will be spooled on disk until you get out of disk space.

> 3) If the memory limit is reached does it just block the producer or does it
> save it to disk until the disk is full as defined by storeUsage or is that
> just for durable topics/Queues?

See above.