activemq-users mailing list archives

From ByteFlinger <byteflin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ not expiring all messages and leaving them stuck in queue?
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2012 15:51:42 GMT
As I corrected on the discussion thread I have tested on both 5.6.0 and
5.4.3.

I am in fact using a test case to test this however due to the complexity
of the project it will not be of much use here. If I find a little time to
write a simple test at some point I'll be sure to post it here.

On the example above the queue contains 20 messages, 10 of which contains a
short ttl (10 seconds) and 10 with a longer ttl (10 minutes). After waiting
a little over 10 seconds I start some consumers in the queue which will
deliver 10 messages to its destination and (supposedly) 10 messages to the
DLQ however out of the 10 expired messages only about 7 move out, the rest
just sit there stuck. Every time I run the test the amount of "stuck"
messages may increase as more and more expired messages are not delivered.

I am not sure what you mean by unacked but if it helps, I believe the
consumers are actually always running but to be able to test I place a
temporary block on the destination ip so that the messages are not consumed
until they have had time to expire. Surely if some expire, all should?