activemq-users mailing list archives

From Gaurav Sharma <>
Subject PooledConnectionFactory + Failover Transport combination
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2012 22:16:19 GMT
It seems like with a failover transport configuration
(failover:(nio:host1:port1,nio:host2:port2)?randomize=false) and a
PooledConnectionFactory, the client-side still tries to create a new
connection per thread instead of fetching from the pool of connections.
With 'randomize' flag turned off, I would think that the pool can keep
connections to the primary broker node, no? Then, if host1 goes down, drain
the pool and fill it up with host2 connections upto the maxActive limit. Is
that how it is supposed to work or am I expecting too much intelligence in
the pooled conexn factory?