activemq-users mailing list archives

From Alona Rossen <aros...@opentext.com>
Subject RE: CMS - is it a Java wrapper?
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2012 17:51:59 GMT
Yes, it absolutely helps. The last question - does JMS-like means that it follow JMS standard?

-----Original Message-----
From: Timothy Bish [mailto:tabish121@gmail.com]
Sent: July 24, 2012 1:45 PM
To: users@activemq.apache.org
Subject: RE: CMS - is it a Java wrapper?

On Tue, 2012-07-24 at 16:21 +0000, Alona Rossen wrote:
> I will try to be more specific.
>
> There is a commercial product which enables C++ or .NET applications to use any Java
Message Service specification v1.0.2 or v1.1 -compliant JMS provider.
> The functionality is based on generating C++ and .NET bindings for the JMS API and some
assorted Java support types. Just to stress this fact: they generate bindings for Java types,
they do not translate the Java types. This means that a JMS implementation is still required
to perform the actual messaging, and the product simply provides an easy-to-use C++ and .NET
gateway, both at development and run-time.

> My question is if CMS also requires JMS implementation to perform actual messaging or
it targets ActiveMQ message broker independently of Java.

> Thank you,
> Alona

ActiveMQ-CPP requires no Java bindings, its a standalone C++ library
that will work directly against ActiveMQ or it can communicate with a
broker that implements the STOMP protocol.  There are a few required
libraries that it needs to build, and OpenSSL is optional if you want
SSL transport support.

Hope that helps.

--
Tim Bish