activemq-users mailing list archives

From Jamie <ja...@stimulussoft.com>
Subject JMXServiceURL for vm://
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2012 08:09:36 GMT
Greetings!

I have ActiveMQ integrated in an  embedded scenario whereby the Broker
and ActiveMQ configuration is created programmatically in Java.

Since I am not intending to queue data over a network, for performance
reasons, I am using the URL "vm://appname" in place of localhost when
creating the broker.

brokerService = new BrokerService();)
brokerService.addConnector("vm://"+brokerName);

The queuing works perfectly, though I am having difficulty obtaining the
QueueViewMBean instance for the purposes of retrieving the current queue
size.

JMXServiceURL url = new
JMXServiceURL("service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://localhost:1199/jmxrmi"); //
what value for this URL?

It is unclear to me what URL must be used for the JMXServiceURL in the
scenario where vm://appname is used (i.e. equivalent of
"service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://localhost:1199/jmxrmi"). Alternatively,
perhaps there is another way to obtain the QueueViewMBean instance. I am
not planning on connecting to any remote vm's. I  simply need to use the
QueueViewMBean in the same virtual machine as where the brokerService
object is created.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Regards

Jamie