activemq-users mailing list archives

From Mike Pilone <MPil...@npr.org>
Subject RE: Possible Memory Leak w/Temporary Queues and JMX
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2012 16:33:04 GMT
Done. Filed as AMQ-3938.

Thanks,
-mike

[cid:image001.jpg@01CD64E1.7A22C290] | Mike Pilone | Software Architect, Distribution | mpilone@npr.org<mailto:mpilone@npr.org>
| o: 202-513-2679  m: 703-969-7493

From: Gary Tully [mailto:gary.tully@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2012 11:56 AM
To: users@activemq.apache.org
Subject: Re: Possible Memory Leak w/Temporary Queues and JMX

could you open a jira issue to track this and attach the mat file?
On 18 July 2012 16:47, Mike Pilone <MPilone@npr.org<mailto:MPilone@npr.org>> wrote:
I'm seeing a slow memory leak in our broker process which appears to be related to temporary
queues and JMX. We had major memory leak problems before, but the 5.6.0 release fixed the
majority of them. This leak seems to take about 2 weeks to fill 512MB heap but ultimately
it will bring down the JVM. The configuration is as such:

Java 6
ActiveMQ 5.6.0
Apache Camel 2.10.0
Network of brokers (2 nodes)

The process simply runs an embeded broker which other clients connect to via TCP. There are
a couple static Camel routes, but nothing major in this process. Other clients (connected
via TCP) make heavy use of Camel and temporary queues for request/reply messaging.

I'm still looking into the issue but I've attached a MAT memory analysis to see if anyone
else has seen a related problem. It looks like the temporary queues are getting registered
in JMX and never removed but I'm just guessing right now.

Any input would be appreciated and let me know if you want any more information from the memory
dump/MAT analysis. I can post the entire dump file someplace if it would be helpful.

-mike

[cid:image001.jpg@01CD64DB.08E39380] | Mike Pilone | Software Architect, Distribution | mpilone@npr.org<mailto:mpilone@npr.org>

--
http://fusesource.com