activemq-users mailing list archives

From Guerrero <>
Subject Re: Wildcards may block a prefix in a network of brokers.
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2012 19:40:32 GMT
It appears mixing ">" and "*" just won't work if "topic.>" matches a
"topic.*" subscription and gets ignored. We will be configuring an
appropriate number of levels to subscribe to and use a "topic.*",
"topic.*.*", topic.*.*.*", etc progression. Unless I'm misunderstanding
something else, this will give us a little more overhead in advisory topics
but less overhead than the duplicate messages had "topic.*" and "topic.>"
both been registered for every new node in our network.

Thank you for your help.