activemq-users mailing list archives

From Tom Martinec <>
Subject Lost non-persistent messages
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2012 10:02:13 GMT

I observed a different behavior of activemq 5.4.2 when sending
non-persistent messages to different cursors. The message producer is
blocked when the cursor is set to VMCursor and the destination queue is
full. On the other hand the producer's messages are lost when I use
FileBasedCursor in the same situation. That makes me wonder what is the
reasoning behind this. I would guess that the proper behavior would be
blocking instead of getting the messages lost.

By the way, the responsible code (in my guess) is in