activemq-users mailing list archives

From cwash <chris.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Number of PooledConnection and PooledConnection$1 instances in heap growing linearly with produced messages and not cleaned up
Date Sat, 28 Jul 2012 22:12:28 GMT

Gaurav Sharma wrote

> I think you forgot to do: connection.start();

Hey Gaurav, thanks for the suggestion.  I think the PooledConnectionFactory
takes care of calling connection#start() for you.  Have a look at the source
http://activemq.apache.org/maven/5.6.0/activemq-pool/apidocs/org/apache/activemq/pool/ConnectionPool.html#start()
http://activemq.apache.org/maven/5.6.0/activemq-pool/apidocs/org/apache/activemq/pool/ConnectionPool.html#start()

Gaurav Sharma wrote

> Also, I have the pool size configured on the pooledconnectionfactory via
> setMaxConnections() and setMaximumActive() for tighter control.

I have those set as well through configuration, but removed so as to
simplify.