activemq-users mailing list archives

From "nicolas.guyomar" <nicolas.guyo...@thalesgroup.com>
Subject ActiveMQ 5.5.1 Java API Reset Statistic reset everything
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2012 14:43:12 GMT
Hello everyone,

I have a simple question, this might not be a bug but a clarification on
your API :

I'm using
org.apache.activemq.broker.jmx.DestinationView.resetStatistics()
to reset statistics I get from the JMX Java API, but I was expected that
only the "statistic numbers" would be reseted, and not the state of my queue
(number of pending messages for instance)

I'm wondering why the super.reset() method is called in
org.apache.activemq.broker.region.DestinationStatistics.reset() method.

 public void reset() {
        if (this.isDoReset()) {
            super.reset();
            enqueues.reset();
            dequeues.reset();
            dispatched.reset();
            inflight.reset();
            expired.reset();
        }
    }

Problem is, after a reset, if I lookup some queue size, I get 0, even if
there are still some message pending to be dequeued. The "number of pending
message" is apparently reseted in the "super.reset()" call.

Am I misunderstanding your API ?

Thank you for any clarification you could provide

Nicolas