activemq-users mailing list archives

From ByteFlinger <>
Subject Re: How does activeMQ handles expiration?
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2012 12:45:58 GMT
This must be what causes some messages to expire then but if that's the case
then it does not seem to be working entirely.

I am testing by sending 150 messages with a long ttl (10 minutes) and 150
with short (20 seconds) and I keep refreshing the queue, I see some messages
go to DLQ but out of all 300 messages, 270 just sit there forever until a
consumer is able to read all messages.

Is there something that prevents more messages from being expired?