activemq-users mailing list archives

From ByteFlinger <byteflin...@gmail.com>
Subject How does activeMQ handles expiration?
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2012 12:09:48 GMT
I am trying to find out information on how activeMQ handles expiration but it
has been difficult to find details.

I found some old threads that mention that there is no constant process in
activeMQ which moves expired messages from a queue to activeMQ.DLQ but only
when messages are read/written to that queue but I also have read
http://activemq.apache.org/manage-durable-subscribers.html here  that there
seems to, maybe, be a way to tell activeMQ to, every x seconds, look for
expired messages.

My own tests seem to show that, most of the time, only when the queue is
read (not written to) the expiration will happen however sometimes some
messages expire without anything happening.

Can anybody shed some light on the issue? How and when does activeMQ check
for expired messages and moves them from a queue to activeMQ.DLQ queue?

Regards
Byte